I offer coaching, counselling and Psychotherapy either face to face in my private practice in Durham or via Skype / FaceTime. I work with individuals privately and via their organisations.
I am a UKCP Registered Clinical Psychotherapist (Dip NLPt) I have previously been a serving Board Member of the Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (NLPtCA) and I abide by their strict code of ethics and conduct. The NLPtCA is an accrediting organisational member of the UKCP.
I understand the many pressures and dilemmas that people can experience whilst trying to juggle work and personal responsibilities. If you feel that it is got to the point where something needs to change, I can provide you with a confidential space and expertise to help you explore and understand the way you think, feel and behave. I can offer you professional and skilled support to clarify and then make the changes that you want to make.
Common issues that clients bring:
- "I can't switch off"
- "I'm struggling to cope with anxiety"
- "I'm having problems with someone at work"
- "I don't like my job, but I don't know how to change it"
- "I think I'm depressed, but I don't want anyone to know"
- "I feel really unhappy, but I don't know what's wrong"
- "I don't know if I want to stay in my relationship"
- "I'm having an affair and I don't know what to do"
- "I'm really struggling to cope with my mother / father / partner / children "
Areas that I work with:
- Career transition / dismissal / redundancy
- Difficult dilemmas / difficult conversations
- Conflict / Problematic working relationships
- Being bullied, or doing the bullying
- Stress / anxiety / depression
- Confidence / self esteem / personal presence / impact
- Family relationship issues
- Affaris / divorce / stay or go decisions
- Historical abuse
- Historical or recent trauma / PTSD / dissociative symptoms
- Addiction / unwanted and compulsive behaviours
Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapy (NLPt) developed from Neuro Linguistic Programming. NLPt is broad based and draws on many areas of psychology and psychotherapy. It is based on the premise that we construct our reality based on our life experiences to develop our own ‘model of the world’. This model can be useful in helping us live our lives, manage relationships and achieve our goals. Sometimes, aspects of our model of the world may have helped in teh past, but have become unhelpful in the here and now.
NLPt explores the thinking patterns, beliefs and experiences behind both problems and goals, enabling people to make changes by changing what is no longer helpful for them and using more of what is helpful. This process is called ‘modelling’ and is effective in a broad range of contexts and applications.
What happens in the sessions?
What happens in the sessions?
I will work with you to help you to identify and clarify what you want. You'll then seek to make progress by using your own existing resources and skills as well as uncovering and developing new choices. This might involve you experimenting with changing beliefs that limit you, identifying new beliefs and gaining new insights into your patterns of thinking or behaviour. This will help you to have more choices about how to act, think or respond in a given situation.
I will help you to pay close attention to the words you use, your physiology and your behaviour. From this I can support you to become aware how your own responses are shaping your current experience. This will enable you to understand yourself to make the specific changes that will support you in your life, now and in the future.